Ns3 needs so many dependencies, developmental libraries, drivers, etc. So we have to install all those.
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev python-pygoocanvas python-pygraphviz cvs mercurial bzr git cmake p7zip-full python-matplotlib python-tk python-dev python-kiwi python-gnome2 python-gnome2-desktop-dev python-rsvg qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake qt4-qmake qt4-default gnuplot-x11 wireshark
- Download the ns3 package from https://www.nsnam.org
- I have used ns version 3.29 and the file looks like ns-allinone-3.29.tar.bz2.
- Go to the location of the download folder and copy the file to the home folder and extract the zip file and open the terminal and give the command
Open the terminal and give the command
1. tar jxvf ns-allione-3.29.tar.bz2
2. cd ns-allinone-3.29/
3. ./build.py –enable-examples –enable-tests
Once the installation is successful, I got a screen like given below.
This indicates that ns3 is built successfully.
To check any application is running. Do the following steps
1. cd ns-3.29/
2. ./waf –run hello-simulator
This will print hello simulator which means your ns3 is installed successfully.